For curbside recycling of electronics and appliances, the cost is $20 per electronic item and $5 per appliance to offset the City's cost of recycling the item.
To register for electronics & appliance recycling and obtain a sticker for your item, visit City Hall, the Rochelle Building Department or RMU Customer Service. At that time your address will be placed on the list for pickup.
The following are recyclable appliances that may be registered for pickup:
- refrigerators & refrigeration equipment
- water coolers
- air conditioners
- water heaters
Alternate appliance disposal options include
- Many retailers will dispose of old appliances when a new one is purchased.
Alternate electronics recycling options include
- Ogle County Solid Waste offers a drop-off location at 909 West Pines Road each month. For details, call 815-732-4020.
- Ogle and Lee Counties typically host collection events in the spring and fall and alternate between locations in Dixon and Oregon. For details, call 815-732-4020.
- The City of Rochelle will host four collection events at the treatment plant each year for RMU Customers only.